Overview foreign stallions
The KWPN is an open studbook and stimulates breeders to use the best genetic material by, inter alia, accepting stallions that have been approved elsewhere and have met the X-ray and performance requirements. Stallions that are in the top 10 of the WBFSH Sire Ranking are also awarded the KWPN-recognized status.
Since the expansion of the registration scheme in 2018, a lot more has become possible for horses with parents that are registered abroad. At the KWPN, horses can get registered in the foalbook, studbook (exclusively for horses aged three years and older), register A or register B. A foalbook, studbook or register A-horse can participate in all KWPN events, such as ability tests, young horse competitions and inspections. Register B-horses cannot partake in inspections, but they can compete in the young horse competitions Blom Cup and Pavo Cup and the WC young dressage and jumper horses.
Acceptance to the studbook
Prior to the amendments in 2018, register A-mares had to fulfill additional requirements to be accepted to the studbook and earn a possible predicate. Nowadays, that is only necessary to turn a ster predicate to a keur or elite predicate. To become definitively keur, a register A-mare must, in addition to the regular ability standards (IBOP, EPTM or sport predicate), also meet the additional health requirements (PROK or D-OC predicate with bone spavin and navicular bone x-rays). However, this requisite ceases to apply if the horse’s sire meets these requirements. This allows offspring of a sizeable number of stallions that are approved abroad to be registered directly in the foalbook. As of this year, the stallions specified below have also made the list of accepted stallions.
· Boston STH (Johnson x Quattro - zie foto)
· Elastico (Johnson x Concorde)
· Chester Z (Calvaro Z x Rebel II Z)
· Contact v/d Heffinck (Concept x Corrado I)
· Contendro II (Contender x Reichsgraf)
· Excenel V (Thunder van de Zuuthoeve x Landetto)
· Rock Forever (Rockwell x Landstreicher)
· Royal Dance (Rohdiamant x Donnerhall)
· Thunder van de Zuuthoeve (Argentinus x Nimmerdor)
· Winston (Heartbreaker x Burggraaf)
· Big Star JR K Z (Big Star x Polydor)
· Chaqui Z (Chacco Blue x Quinar)
· Cosun (Up to Date x Cavalier)
· Davenport VDL (Diamant de Semilly x Indoctro)
· Fernando-H (Calvino Z x No Limit)
· Luigi d’ Eclipse (Catoki x Calato)
· Epris d’Azur (Laudanum x H. Alme Z)
As of 2018, the KWPN also recognizes the stallions in the top 10 of the WBFSH Sire Ranking. The stallions stated below have made the top 10 since this year and thereby earn, just like the other stallions in the top 10, the status KWPN-recognized. This are the new stallions in the dressage ranking:
· Sir Donnerhall (Sandro Hit x Donnerhall)
· Desperados (De Niro x Wolkenstein II)
The jumper ranking features no new entries. View the full ranking here.
Photo: Dirk Caremans