Blom Stallion Competition: 12 Stallions double clear
In the final class of the Blom Stallion Competition, the L class, 12 four-year-old stallions remained double clear. They now lead after this first competition.
The Blom Stallion Competition took place at the Peelbergen Equestrian Centre with a large audience. In the class featuring young stallions, the accessible course designed by Louis Konickx still created some tension for a few stallions. Nevertheless, 12 out of the 29 stallions managed to stay entirely clear in both the first and second rounds.
Debut for Lynch in Stallion Competition
Denis Lynch, making his debut in the stallion competition in Peelbergen, also experienced this. "My stallion Outlaw was a bit tense, especially in the first round, but that can also be attributed to the rider, of course. I have jumped many Grand Prixs, but a stallion competition is no small feat," says the cheerful Irish top rider. "Looking back, I might have started him indoors one more time as preparation, but fortunately, we managed to stay clear in both rounds. Outlaw covered several mares last season, and then he returned to my stable. The plan for next year is definitely to use him for both sport and breeding. Perhaps he will stand for stud with Reinie Tewis because he is just as fond of him as I am." The stallion owner from Zweeloo prepared Outlaw for the stallion inspection himself, where Lynch purchased the chestnut stallion at the KWPN Select Sale. "If possible, I want to ride Outlaw in the other stallion competition events myself. But if it doesn't fit with my international competitions, I'll send my stable rider. I think it's great that breeders can see Outlaw in the competition, and tonight I was also surprised by the great interest."
Among the stallions that jumped double clear were the KWPN-approved:
- O’Connor TN (Ogano Sitte out of Gilana by Acord II, breeder Eder from Osterhofen) under Kars Bonhof
- On the Spot (Diamant de Semilly out of Kathelien W keur IBOP-spr by Cornet Obolensky, b/b Jan and Willem Greve) under Willem Greve
- Ovinio (Ipsthar out of Kovinia sport-spr by Vigo d’Arsouilles, b/b Geert Moerings from Roosendaal) under Bas Moerings
- Oslo (Côte de Zelande Delta Mossel Z out of Kelvia elite IBOP-spr D-OC by Chaman, b/b M. van Heel from Wijchen) under Jarno van Erp
- Oosterbuur (Etoulon VDL out of Coletta by Cornado I, breeder A. Baumann from Rees) under Kees Greve
- One Macoemba (Arezzo VDL out of K.Macoemba ster D-OC by F-One USA, b/b B. Veeneman from Beemte Broekland) under Tani Joosten
- Boston VDL (Baltic VDL out of Jeune Dame VDL ster by Zirocco Blue VDL, b/b VDL Stud from Bears) under Cristel Kalf
- Outlaw (Manchester van ’t Paradijs out of Zwinulana sport-spr by Phin Phin, breeder J.H. Lambers from Emmen) under Denis Lynch
- Optimist ES (Herakles out of Ciao Bella Z by Caritano Z, b/b Egbert Schep from Tull en ’t Waal) under Gerd-Jan Horsmans
JS for KWPN / Photo Outlaw – JvT Horses.nl-Paardenkrant